Friday

Family



Sorry, this photo is a little on the small side. I'm not the technical one in the family. I just wanted to put in a little plug for family portraits today. It's true that it always takes effort and there may even be a little resistance to the idea, but the end result is always worth it. This is my side of the family, taken this summer in my home town where, incidentally, my whole family lives except for me. It took some work making it happen (right from the clothing purchases to just getting everyone there), but it is very special to be able to see everyone together. My youngest is big into pointing to everyone and asking their names. It's quite cute.

If you've been toying with the idea of getting a family portrait done, but just haven't quite gotten around to it, I'd say, "Go for it". Make a plan. Come in for a consultation. Book a time. There may be a few more nice days left. If not, the studio has lots of neat spaces to do family work. The best time to get it done in time for Christmas greeting cards is by the end of this month, or for sure by November 7th, with orders being placed no later than the 14th. But, the sooner the better.

A good family portrait is so valuable. It can capture the heartbeat of your family, conjure up heartwarming feelings, and contribute to happy memories (I hope that doesn't sound corny). Particularly when your kids are changing so quickly, it's special to see "the way you were" at the different stages and freeze-frame your interactions with each other. Then you can flip through your album later or glance up at the wall and be reminded of the most important people in your life. Give Rodney a call at 221-8413 this week. He's at a convention this week-end, but will be in on Tuesday.





1 comment:

Lani - the flowerlady said...

Our picture looks great!! Can I get an 8x10 of that, and I'd like to get one of our family, with Katherine...I should probably just call you and talk to you cause I haven't seen any of those pictures yet...would like too.