Thursday

What every Mother should know...

Yesterday, I had ten minutes of really really really bad freak-out time. I yelled. I cried. (And eventually found it in my heart to forgive).

What I'd like to know is: "Why doesn't anyone tell you this in parenting books? Or when someone sells you a PC? If I had only known this one thing, I could've just laughed, pressed three keys and been on my merry way."

But no, I was in the middle of accounting and an important email when my 2.5 year-old son came by and with one swipe of his hand on my laptops's keys, turned my entire display upside-down! Do you know how hard it is to use the mouse when that happens, much less just trying to read the screen?

Well, after pain-stakingly closing all the windows and shutting down (all the while, muttering, fuming, griping, and trying to explain to my five-year-old why I am so angry) in hopes of it coming back on normal, I find that is futile. After releasing more pent-up emotion, I finally phone my husband at the studio just to vent. He does a couple internet searches and after one false start, I have the solution: Ctrl-Alt-up arrow. And {blip}, it's all good again. HUGE sigh of relief and a wee bit of sheepishness for flying off the handle right to the moon.

So, now, if this ever happens to you, you know what to do. Say it with me "Control, Alt, Up Arrow". (Maybe a couple of times). 'Cause if you know it, it's know big deal. But if you don't, it's NOT GOOD.

Have fun today!

No comments: