Wednesday

The Kind of Day it's Been

Oops! It's 10:27 p.m. and I'm trying to cram in a post before bed. It's been a long week so far with my husband busy preparing for and presenting a seminar-type talk at the Winnipeg South camera club. I'm looking forward to a night off from putting the kids to bed.

But tonight was good. Maybe not stellar as far as early bedtimes go, but fairly enjoyable. Supper was ready at 5:30 (yay for crockpots). Managed to scrounge up enough energy to get the kids to help with cleaning up the disastrous-looking kitchen floor. Kids got pajamas on fairly painlessly. After making night snack, I took off for a little "me" time and played piano. My eldest joined me and we sang a duet! Red a fun story from the library...twice! (Minerva Louise and the Red Truck or something). Very cute. Tickled and chased my youngest (I love his laugh!) rather than fighting over who would take his diaper off, his clothes off, etc. Managed to curb the kids' desires to be distracted without too much nagging or time-wasting. Talk/Tuck In time got a little long, but not too bad. Two-year-old went to sleep easily and quickly! He's been fighting sleep so much. He was rubbing his ears last night, so I asked him if they hurt. We started putting in Similasan Homeopathic Ear Drops and he's been sleeping better. Yay! (google to learn more). Just been puttering around on the computer mostly now...my sister sent me flowers on Facebook!

Hope my hubby comes home soon! Anyone been reading any good books lately?

No comments: